Our goal is to create and provide sustainable development opportunities.
People and the environment are the foundations on which we build a future of shared prosperity.
The Consortium has launched a project to supply green hydrogen to the companies located in the Macchiareddu park, starting from an initial mixture with Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) with a steadily increasing share of H2. The goal is to gradually convert the energy supply systems of the companies located in Macchiareddu from the fuel oil currently used to green hydrogen from renewable energy sources (RES).
The dried fraction of municipal and industrial solid waste – often destined for landfill – is transformed into electricity through the waste-to-energy process, making the entire Environmental Platform in Macchiareddu energy self-sufficient and enabling the feeding of surplus energy into the national grid.
CACIP is leading the way in municipal and industrial waste treatment in Sardinia. We are currently constructing a new line for the processing of municipal solid organic waste and garden waste to improve our treatment capacity, with 50,000 t/year of organic waste input. This line will be flanked by the production of biogas and electricity and the reduction of emissions towards zero, in line with the final design and the Integrated Environmental Authorization (IEA).
CACIP is fully aware that the environment is an essential global resource; for this reason we strive to prevent pollution in the management of our activities, by:
- complying with environmental regulations;
- constantly adapting our technology systems to keep them in line with the increasingly restrictive standards imposed by environmental regulations;
- maintaining, through subsidiary Tecnocasic SpA, an Environmental Management System complying with international standards UNI EN ISO 9011, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001;
- constantly analysing the performance of our technology systems in terms of their impact on the environment, defining actions for improvement that become an integral part of business planning;
- training our technical personnel to raise their awareness of the environmental implications of their work.
CACIP has recently launched a process to set up an Integrated Management System, to help steer our corporate policy. The system charts our business processes and sets out the procedures to be followed in order to properly apply quality management principles and meet all the requirements of the following international standards:
- UNI EN ISO 9001:2015 on Quality Management Systems
- UNI EN ISO 14001: 2015 on Environmental Management Systems
- UNI EN ISO 45001:2018 on Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems.
The Consortium’s sustainability strategy is consistent and aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the United Nations in 2015 as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.