The Elmas industrial zone is located 5 minutes by car from Cagliari-Elmas airport and comprises mostly small industrial and service companies.
It covers an area of 268.23 hectares, of which 175.49 hectares are occupied by large, small and medium-sized industrial and ancillary services companies. More than 80 percent of the small businesses operating in Elmas serve the Sardinian market and primarily operate in the mechanical, agro-industrial, textile, metallurgy, manufacturing, commercial and services sectors.
The services and research activities centre is a recent addition to the industrial zone, with facilities to host ICT companies and RTD activities.
The zone has state of the art infrastructure, meeting all the needs of companies already based here and companies seeking an industrial location, including:
- 9-km internal road network
- ADSL and broadband network
- Drinking water purification and wastewater treatment plants
- Utility networks consisting of a drinking water network, industrial water network and sewer network
- Power lines and power grid